Your questions, answered.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Do I Get My Medical Marijuana Card?
How Can I Become a Qualified Medical Marijuana Patient?
Only a licensed physician can decide if you qualify for medical marijuana under Massachusetts law. Here are the essential steps you need to take to become a qualified patient of NEA MA:
- Get an appointment with your qualified health care provider. This is required in order to begin the registration process. Your provider will evaluate you to determine if you are qualified for the medical use of marijuana.
- When your health care provider has issued you a certification, you can register for the Medical Use of Marijuana Program. If this is your first time registering, your provider will give you a PIN; this PIN is required for you to register in the MMJ Online System.
- Please review this guide from the State of Massachusetts for further guidance.
- If you receive approval for registration by the Medical Use of Marijuana Program, you will receive a Medical Use of Marijuana Program ID Card.
- After this, you should visit NEA at our Fall River dispensary. We have an awesome deal for you.
Of course, please feel free to contact us at any point if you are confused about the steps necessary to get your medical marijuana card and we are happy to help you understand the requirements of the process. You can contact us here!
What are the qualifying conditions for medical marijuana in Massachusetts?
Qualifying medical conditions:
Cancer, Glaucoma, HIV/AIDS, Hepatitis C, Lou Gehrig’s disease (ALS), Crohn’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, Multiple Sclerosis, or other debilitating conditions as determined by a patient’s certified physician in writing.
For step-by-step instructions on how to get your Medical Use of Marijuana Program ID card, please Click Here.
How Much Marijuana Can a Medical Card Patient Purchase?
What Discounts Do you Offer?
- Senior Discount: A 10% discount on all purchases by senior citizens (65+)- Qualifies with valid Massachusetts issued ID
- Military Veteran Discount: A 10% discount on purchases- Qualifies with valid Massachusetts issued ID and a valid Military Identification Card.
- Low Income Discount: A 10% discount on purchases dependent on extent of need- Qualifies with valid Massachusetts issued ID and either Medicaid Card, SSI letter, or other proof of low-income status.
- Terminally Ill Discount: A 20% discount on purchases and in some cases, complimentary products and treatments. This discount requires a valid Massachusetts issued ID and signed note from treating physician in an ongoing relationship with the patient.
Please feel free to Contact Us!
How Did a NEA Start?
Are Doctors Required to Make Determinations About Appropriate Dosage?
What Should I Do If My Doctor Won’t Recommend Me For Medical Marijuana?
I Have a Medical Marijuana Recommendation from Another State. Can I Use It to Purchase Medicine in Massachusetts?
Can I Be in Possession of Medical Marijuna in Massachusetts if I am From Another State?
Do I Still Require a Medical Marijuana Card Now That Massachusetts Has Legal Adult Use?
Click here for step-by-step instructions on how to get your card.
Is Marijuana Legal in Massachusetts?
On November 8th, 2016 Massachusetts voters legalized the use of marijuana on Question 4. The Massachusetts regulators have not yet declared an official announcement for when legal marijuana can be sold. The public voted about 18 months ago for the legalization of recreational marijuana. According to a number of sources, the first recreational marijuana dispensaries are slated to be opened on July 1st, 2018. This is not a set in stone number, however, as there are many moving parts to implement new regulations.
What Medical Marijuana Laws Should I Know?
Where Can I Find Qualifying Medical Marijuana Doctors?
Click to find a list of certified medical marijuana doctors.